- Susan Quinn, ELEANOR AND HICK & Naomi Oreskes, THE COLLAPSE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION
- Overpopulation: Ecological Elephant In The Room?
- Naomi Oreskes, THE COLLAPSE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION & Dr. James Hansen, STORMS OF MY GRANDCHILDREN
- Paul Ehrlich, HOPE ON EARTH & Ryan Mitchell, TINY HOUSE LIVING
- Elizabeth Kolbert, THE SIXTH EXTINCTION & Annalee Newitz, SCATTER, ADAPT AND REMEMBER
- Boris Fishman, A REPLACEMENT LIFE & John Cushman, KEYSTONE AND BEYOND
- John Cushman of Inside Climate News: Keystone XL Pipeline
- Ruth Thomas-Suh, REJECT, Herbert Thomas, THE SHAME RESPONSE TO REJECTION & John Cushman on KXL
- Alan Weisman, COUNTDOWN
- David Bollier on The Commons: GREEN GOVERNANCE & VIRAL SPIRAL
- Richard Heinberg, SNAKE OIL & Bill McKibben, OIL AND HONEY
- Brian Fagan, THE ATTACKING OCEAN & Christine Shearer, KIVALINA
- Our Last Chance To Save Humanity
- Paolo Bacigalupe (encore), Susan Rockefeller, MISSION OF MERMAIDS & Jason Chin, ISLAND
- Barbara Kingsolver, FLIGHT BEHAVIOR & James Howard Kunstler TOO MUCH MAGIC
- Richard Zacks, ISLAND OF VICE & Stan Cox, LOSING OUR COOL
- Jonathan Koomey, COLD CASH, COOL CLIMATE & Philip Warburg, HARVEST THE WIND
- Philip Warburg, HARVEST THE WIND
- William deBuys, A GREAT ARIDNESS & Dave Gardner, GROWTHBUSTERS
- Will Potter, GREEN IS THE NEW RED & David Gessner, MY GREEN MANIFESTO
- John Elder Robison, BE DIFFERENT & Tony Sorgi, The New Earth Archive
- Amy Seidl, FINDING HIGHER GROUND & Matthew Stein, WHEN DISASTER STRIKES
- Jim Motavalli, HIGH VOLTAGE & James Hoggan, CLIMATE COVER-UP
- John Michael Greer, APOCALYPSE NOT & Richard Heinberg, THE END OF GROWTH
- James Workman, HEART OF DRYNESS & Christine Shearer, KIVALINA
Climate scientist Dr. James Hansen talks about STORMS OF MY GRANDCHILDREN. Itâ€™s about climate catastrophe and how we must — and can — prevent it. Richard Wilbur reads â€œAdvice To A Prophetâ€. And we pay homage to Robert Parker and Howard Zinn, who both died in late January, 2010.
Dr. James Hansen
NASA recently reported that 2009 was the second warmest year on record, capping the warmest decade recorded.Â Dr. James Hansen is the head of NASAâ€™s Goddard Institute for Space Studies. He taught Al Gore about climate change. The Bush administration tried to muzzle him when the then head of NASA tried to keep him from saying that humans were the cause behind global warming. And he was one of the first to sound the alarm that climate change is real, it’s happening, and threatens life as we know it on Planet Earth. One of the leading climatologists in the world today, Hansen was named in 2006 by Time Magazine as one of the world’s 100 most influential people.
His new book, [amazon-product text=”STORMS OF MY GRANDCHILDREN: The Truth About the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity” type=”text”]1608192008[/amazon-product], calls global warming a generational crime. Hansen says that we can get off fossil fuels and must phase out coal by 2020 lest the earth warm to a level it hasnâ€™t seen for 55 million years, when the ice sheets were gone and crocodiles frolicked at the North Pole. And he says it could get even worse — runaway climate change could lead to an Earth as hot and lifeless as Venus. But, we can get off our fossil fuel addiction without breaking the bank for the average person if we can tax carbon and return the proceeds to you and me and to support renewable energy.
[sniplet amazon bookstore widget]
James Hansen received the Award for Scientific Freedom and Responsibility from the American Association for the Advancement of Science “for his quote courageous and steadfast advocacy in support of scientists’ responsibilities to communicate their scientific opinions and findings openly and honestly on matters of public importance.”
WV Interview with mystery novelist Robert Parker.
WV Interview with historian Howard Zinn.