- The Koch Bros. & Their Billionaire Web
- Bernie Sanders Explained Plus Sue Graftonâ€™s X
- Eric Laursen, THE PEOPLEâ€™S PENSION & Greg Palast, BILLIONAIRES AND BALLOT BANDITS.
- Doug Henwood, MY TURN: Hillary Clinton Targets the Presidency
- Gerald Friedman: A Bernie Sanders Presidency Boosts Incomes & Jobs
- Comix as Art and Politics: Art Spiegelman and Greg Palast
- Paul Theroux, DEEP SOUTH & Ted Rall, BERNIE
- DISPATCHES FROM THE RELIGIOUS LEFT
- Ron Suskind, THE WAY OF THE WORLD and ELIZABETH WINTHROP, COUNTING ON GRACE
- David Cay Johnston, FREE LUNCH
- The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power
- Margot Livesey, HOUSE ON FORTUNE STREET
- Ari Rabin-Havt, THE FIGHTING SOUL & Chuck Rocha, TÃO BERNIE
- Call for Independent Exit Polling
- Web Extra: 9-11 Press for Truth video
- The Vote Count Protection Project
- URGENT: Stealth bill threatens democracy
- Voting Problems?
- Danielle Allen, OUR DECLARATION & Katy Simpson Smith, THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA
- Bill de Blasioâ€™s Civic Experiment – Is It Working?
- Linda Coleman: Radical Descent & Greg Guma on Bernie
- Greg Guma on Bernie Sanders’ “Insurgent” Run
- Ciceroâ€™s End, Dust Up over Sanders’ Plan, & Remembering Quentin Young
- Is Hillary Clinton Good For Women?
- Historian Donna Murch on The Clintons’ War On Drugs, Mass Incarceration & The Black Vote
We talk with Ari Rabin-Havt about his campaign memoir, The Fighting Soul: On The Road With Bernie Sanders.
Then we play an excerpt from our 2020 interview with Chuck Rocha, Bernieâ€™s campaign lead on Latino voters, about his book, TÃo Bernie.
Writers Voiceâ€” in depth conversation with writers of all genres, on the air since 2004.
Like us on Facebook at Writers Voice with Francesca Rheannon, on Instagram @WritersVoicePodcast or find us on twitter @WritersVoice.
Love Writerâ€™s Voice? Please rate us on your podcast app. It really helps to get the word out about our show.
In 2017, a poll found that Bernie Sanders was the most popular politician in America. Yet he inspired some of the most vicious vitriol from the established press and the Twitterverse ever seen.
Few people know who Bernie really is, as he deliberately keeps the focus on his policies, not himself.
In his book, The Fighting Soul, Ari Rabin-Havt reveals the real Bernie Sanders. He was a close advisor and deputy campaign manager on Sandersâ€™s 2020 campaign, spending more hours with the Vermont senator than anyone else.
The book is a fascinating dive into a presidential campaign like no otherâ€”how it succeeded in building a massive following and how it ultimately failed to gain the nomination.
In addition to serving as deputy campaign manager on Senator Bernie Sandersâ€™s 2020 presidential campaign, Ari Rabin-HavtÂ was a Sanders aide from 2017 to 2021. His writing has appeared in the New Republic and the Washington Post, among other publications.
Chuck Rocha was a chief strategist for Bernie Sandersâ€™ 2020 presidential campaign. While he worked broadly in the campaign, his special mission was to mobilize the Latino vote for the Senator.
We spoke with him in 2020 about his memoir of the campaign TÃo Bernie. We play an excerpt from that conversation.