- The Koch Bros. & Their Billionaire Web
- Bernie Sanders Explained Plus Sue Grafton’s X
- Eric Laursen, THE PEOPLE’S PENSION & Greg Palast, BILLIONAIRES AND BALLOT BANDITS.
- Doug Henwood, MY TURN: Hillary Clinton Targets the Presidency
- Gerald Friedman: A Bernie Sanders Presidency Boosts Incomes & Jobs
- Comix as Art and Politics: Art Spiegelman and Greg Palast
- Paul Theroux, DEEP SOUTH & Ted Rall, BERNIE
- DISPATCHES FROM THE RELIGIOUS LEFT
- Ron Suskind, THE WAY OF THE WORLD and ELIZABETH WINTHROP, COUNTING ON GRACE
- David Cay Johnston, FREE LUNCH
- The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power
- Margot Livesey, HOUSE ON FORTUNE STREET
- Greg Palast, HOW TRUMP STOLE 2020
- Call for Independent Exit Polling
- Web Extra: 9-11 Press for Truth video
- The Vote Count Protection Project
- URGENT: Stealth bill threatens democracy
- Voting Problems?
- Danielle Allen, OUR DECLARATION & Katy Simpson Smith, THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA
- Bill de Blasio’s Civic Experiment – Is It Working?
- Linda Coleman: Radical Descent & Greg Guma on Bernie
- Greg Guma on Bernie Sanders’ “Insurgent” Run
- Cicero’s End, Dust Up over Sanders’ Plan, & Remembering Quentin Young
- Is Hillary Clinton Good For Women?
- Historian Donna Murch on The Clintons’ War On Drugs, Mass Incarceration & The Black Vote
We talk with Palast about his new book on protecting the vote, How Trump Stole 2020: The Hunt for America’s Vanished Voters. It’s about how Trump and the GOP are disenfranchising millions of voters and how to make sure your vote is counted. The book contains a 64-page graphic version, How To Steal An Election: Vote Thieves–The Art of the Steal, by cartoonist Ted Rall. (We’ll be talking with Rall about his new book Political Suicide later in the season.)
Then we hear from election security attorney Robert Fitrakis and a poem by Maya Angelou.
Writer’s Voice — in depth conversation with writers of all genres, on the air since 2004. Rate us on iTunes or whatever podcast app you use!
Like us on Facebook at Writers Voice with Francesca Rheannon or find us on twitter @WritersVoice.
16.7 million. That’s the number of voters investigative reporter Greg Palast estimates have been lost to the voter registration rolls over the past two years as a result of overzealous purges of likely Democratic voters by Republicans.Â And that’s only one of a panoply of actions by Trump and Republicans to destroy the fundamentals of democracy: one person, one vote and making sure every vote is counted.
In his new book How Trump Stole 2020, Palast lets us in on the nasty secrets of the assault on democracy by Trump and his GOP supporters.
Palast is the author of several previous books on protecting the vote, including The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, which we spoke with him about in 2016.
Useful Links To Protect Your Vote
and finally, let’s #SaveTheUSPS
In our interview, Greg Palast mentioned attorney Robert Fitrakis. In 2016, Francesca went to a conference where Fitrakis was speaking about problems with so-called “black box” voting machines and aired a segment on Writers Voice. We play that segment again.
Kamala Harris is the first Black woman ever to be chosen as a vice presidential candidate. It’s an historic step forward on representation, whether or not she was your preferred choice for the job. In honor of that, we thought it would be nice to hear Maya Angelou recite her wonderful poem And Still I Rise.