- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Medicare Might Be Gone By Next Thanksgiving
- What You Need To Know: Field Guide To The Democracy Movement
- ARE THE DEMOCRATS OVERREACHING ON RUSSIA?
- Gregg Levine, “7 Years on, Sailors Exposed to Fukushima Radiation Seek Their Day in Court”
- Wendell Potter: “Democrats On The Take” fight Medicare For All
- Vandana Shiva, CREATIVE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE
- The Fracking Ban Law
- Could A “Weapon of Mass Connection” win Georgia for the Dems?
Mehrdad Azemun on Deep Canvassing
Is America hopelessly divided between those who voted for Donald Trump and those who voted for Joe Biden? Or can a â€œweapon of mass connectionâ€ be used to bridge the divide?
Thatâ€™s a bet being made by a national economic and racial justice organization called Peopleâ€™s Action. Itâ€™s a coalition of grassroots groups operating in 30 different states on issues like climate justice, student debt, mass incarceration, health care, and housingâ€”and on mobilizing voters to turn out for those issues.
The â€œweapon of mass connectionâ€ Peopleâ€™s Action uses (maybe a better word is â€œtool”) is something called â€œdeep canvassingâ€.
Francesca spoke with Mehrdad Azemun, national political strategist with Peopleâ€™s Action, about deep canvassing and more for this episode of our online series, What You Need To Know.