- The Koch Bros. & Their Billionaire Web
- Bernie Sanders Explained Plus Sue Graftonâ€™s X
- Eric Laursen, THE PEOPLEâ€™S PENSION & Greg Palast, BILLIONAIRES AND BALLOT BANDITS.
- Doug Henwood, MY TURN: Hillary Clinton Targets the Presidency
- Gerald Friedman: A Bernie Sanders Presidency Boosts Incomes & Jobs
- Comix as Art and Politics: Art Spiegelman and Greg Palast
- Paul Theroux, DEEP SOUTH & Ted Rall, BERNIE
- DISPATCHES FROM THE RELIGIOUS LEFT
- Ron Suskind, THE WAY OF THE WORLD and ELIZABETH WINTHROP, COUNTING ON GRACE
- David Cay Johnston, FREE LUNCH
- The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power
- Margot Livesey, HOUSE ON FORTUNE STREET
- Greg Guma on Bernie Sanders’ “Insurgent” Run
- Call for Independent Exit Polling
- Web Extra: 9-11 Press for Truth video
- The Vote Count Protection Project
- URGENT: Stealth bill threatens democracy
- Voting Problems?
- Danielle Allen, OUR DECLARATION & Katy Simpson Smith, THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA
- Bill de Blasioâ€™s Civic Experiment – Is It Working?
- Linda Coleman: Radical Descent & Greg Guma on Bernie
- Ciceroâ€™s End, Dust Up over Sanders’ Plan, & Remembering Quentin Young
- Is Hillary Clinton Good For Women?
- Historian Donna Murch on The Clintons’ War On Drugs, Mass Incarceration & The Black Vote
- Fixing Our Broken Election System
Most Americans have just been getting to know Bernie Sanders in the last few months, as his presidential bid has gathered a full head of steam. But journalist and author Greg Guma has known him since the 1980â€™s. Â He talks about Sanders’ previous campaigns and and howÂ Bernie Sanders’ current insurgent run has matured him as a candidate.
A journalist, novelist and political writer, Greg Guma has worked with and written extensively about Bernie Sanders. His 1989 book, The People’s Republic: Vermont and the Sanders Revolution was the first comprehensive analysis of Sanders’ years as Mayor of Vermontâ€™s capital city, Burlington.
In 1988, he wrote about Sandersâ€™ failed campaign against Madeleine Kunin for the Vermont governorship. In 2013 Guma wrote perhaps one of the first articles in the press about Sandersâ€™ presidential hopes, â€œOne-Man Show: What Happens If Senator Bernie Sanders Runs for The Presidency?â€
We caught up with himÂ on Skype to ask him for his thoughts on Sandersâ€™ presidential run, now almost a year into it and more than two years after first writing about it. (This is the loosely edited extended interview. A shorter version will be aired on this week’s episode of Writer’s Voice.)
Greg Guma is a journalist, novelist and the author of The People’s Republic: Vermont and the Sanders Revolution.
Greg Guma’s links aboutÂ Bernie Sanders