Writer’s Voice podcasts its radio show and also other exclusive Web content (such as extended interviews and author readings). Look to the left, on the sidebar of this page, and you’ll find links to subscribe with iTunes, email, or any other podcast program.
Given the nature of the show—Francesca has varied interests!—you might not be interested in every interview. That’s fine. Just wait for the next weekly show to appear in your podcatching program (the computer software that “catches” the podcast).
Why should I subscribe to the podcast?
Subscribing to the podcast will allow you to automatically receive each new show when it’s published, in addition to the exclusive Web extras like extended interviews and author readings. This provides convenience for you because you won’t have to visit this site to find a show. All the audio comes to you without having to look for it.
There are two ways you can subscribe:
- Using iTunes or another podcast catching program. The audio is automatically downloaded to your computer.
- Email subscription. You receive an email with a link every time we publish a new post.
What’s a podcast?
Here’s a clever video tutorial that describes what a podcast is (from the fine folks at CommonCraft):
I want to skip the video and just get started
Not a problem. I’ve got three easy steps:
- Get a podcast catching program. (I recommend either iTunes or Juice.)
- Come back to this site and click on either the link for iTunes or the link for all other programs.
- You’re done! (I lied, there were only two steps.) The latest Writer’s Voice should be downloading to your computer, though now that you subscribe you also get previous shows too.
I want to subscribe using email instead
You can do that too. Click on this link for the pop-up window and you’ll be walked through the steps to get email notification each time we publish something on the site. Not to worry, we don’t share your email address with anybody, and you’ll never receive more than one email in a day.
If you have any problems subscribing to the podcast, please let us know and we’ll try to help.