Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Francesca Rheannon of Writer’s Voice speaks with journalist and fractivist Maura Stephens about:
- Fracking’s environmental and public health impact in Pennsylvania and New York
- Use of eminent domain to take private property for fracking operations
- How the TPP could override local, state and national sovereignty on the issue
- The fight against fracking
- The precarious status of New York’s moratorium on fracking and
- The Democratic candidates’ differing positions on the issue.
Maura Stephens is a founding member of the Coalition to Protect New York and FrackBustersNY.org.
Read the story of the Holleran Farm, whose maple trees were cut down to make way for a natural gas pipeline.